REPORTS TO: VP, Engineering and Data Science
In 1996 StatRad helped pioneer teleradiology services. In 2011 StatRad led the charge to move medical imaging into the cloud with its image sharing product RadConnect deployed in Microsoft Azure. With both business segments thriving StatRad looks to the future by pushing into new medical imaging frontiers utilizing modern technology and software platforms.
We embrace distributed development as a core tenant of our corporate philosophy. Our engineers coordinate their work in many time zones and countries. If you’re looking to live the life of a digital nomad from a sandy beach in Mexico or a WiFi enabled hut in Thailand, this is the job for you! When a project requires collaboration we use shared workspaces, screen sharing, and voice over the internet to enable real-time discussions. If you can find a place with 5Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload then we encourage you to go there, experience the culture, and continue to be productive when you work.
The team is embracing the latest and greatest in technology to produce medical imaging software that will revolutionize the industry. We’re fully cloud deployed, using code as infrastructure, to automate everything and do it according to industry best practices with respect to security. If you want to use Meteor, Node.js, and MongoDB all deployed using the latest cloud technology you’re in the right place.
BASIC PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Reporting to the VP, Engineering and Data Science, a Senior Performance Engineer applies knowledge of industry best practices, software design patterns, and even trade secrets to optimize the performance of various components within our cloud imaging platform, solve complex technical problems and create applications that delight our end customers.
OVERALL OUTPUTS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, codes, and reviews new software
- Writes unit tests to demonstrate proper software functionality, scale, and resource usage
- Collaborates with software testers to ensure good test coverage, resolve defects, and mitigate safety hazards
- Communicates with product management, project managers, technical writers, and medical personnel
- Leads design and implementation of feature development including identification of all tasks and the dependencies between tasks, features, and components
- Troubleshoots production issues escalated from Customer Support
- Provides performance expertise to architects, analysts, and other engineers as input for product design, implementation, and troubleshooting
- Shares knowledge with other team mates in software development best practices and testing methodologies via code and design review
- Participates in tool and library selections, development environment improvements, and process refinement
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with Node.js
- 3+ years of experience with Medical Imaging and/or PACS
- Experience with Meteor is a plus
- Experience with MongoDB is a plus
- Experience with Medical Imaging or Healthcare technology is a plus
- Experience with WebGL or OpenGL is a plus
- Strong communication skills
SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Our group develops in Meteor, Node.js, C#, and C++ technologies. Candidates for this position should have:
- Strong experience in one of the core programming frameworks/languages: Meteor, Node.js, C#, or C++
- Experience with React, Angular, and/or Vue.
- Experience with MongoDB or another NoSQL database is highly preferred
- Experience developing reusable HTTP RESTful APIs
- DICOM, HL7 and medical imaging software experience desired
- Telecommute/work from home or work from our office in San Diego, CA
- May require some travel to team meetings, etc.