JOB TITLE: PACS Analyst (2nd Shift)
REPORTS TO: Director of IT
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that is leveraging its long history of success in using the internet to revolutionize the way that radiology services are provided. NucleusHealth is an innovative provider servicing over 450 healthcare facilities across the U.S. with its award winning StatRad teleradiology services. Our technology is focused on cloud-based medical image management that advances patient care by facilitating remote interpretation services by our physicians 24x7x365.
The PACS Analyst will be responsible for supporting the mission-critical radiology and DICOM PACS systems comprised of internal and external end users of all Nucleus Health systems. This position requires logging into the support queue and taking calls from internal and external customers to support their end user application and technical needs. The typical end user is a PACS Administrator, Director of IT, Physician, or Nucleus employee. This position requires the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical client personnel, managing the help desk, validating tickets, installing software and hardware, communicating with the Development team, and responding to issues with custom and standard software.
Essential Functions Provide tier-2 support of application incidents reported through the help desk; including 24/7 on call coverage as required. Resolve application incidents, maintenance items, and enhancement requests. Perform daily monitoring of applications in production use. Coordinate application support with other IT teams including Infrastructure, DevOps teams and also Client Services. Make additions and changes under the direction of senior team members complexity software upgrade initiatives or enhancements to workflows including the design, build, and test phases. Modify tables/master files, implement changes using documented procedures that are compliant with department’s policies and procedures. Take full ownership of IT tickets and act as a liaison between customer and other support staff to facilitate resolution.
All NucleusHealth IT personnel will have overlapping responsibilities. The person will also analyze and resolve end user software program and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required. The qualified candidate must be able to manage resources in a complex Highly-Available environment and maintain accountability and organization of the same.
- Provide tier-2 support of application incidents reported through the help desk; including 24/7 on call coverage as required.
- Resolve application incidents, maintenance items, and enhancement requests.
- Perform daily monitoring of applications in production use.
- Coordinate application support with other information technology teams including Infrastructure, devops, and client services.
- Modify tables/master files, make additions and changes under the direction of senior team members.
- Take ownership of low to medium complexity issues and act as a liaison between customer and other support staff to facilitate resolution.
- Participate in team and cross-team meetings and maintain appropriate meeting records
- 1-3 years’ systems analysis experience administering, testing, maintaining medical information systems or knowledge of clinician workflow analysis.
- Skills in applying IS principles and practices to systematically interpret functional requirements into application design and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers
- Become fully knowledgeable with company’s proprietary software & hardware platforms
- Other duties as assigned by IT management
JOB REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 2-4 years’ experience supporting PACS or other medical imaging systems administering, testing, maintaining medical information systems or knowledge of clinician workflow analysis
- 1-3 years of experience of hospital imaging department processes and workflow
- 1-3 years of experience of PC and server hardware, networking, storage technology and imaging modalities.
- 2-3 years of strong remote customer technical support experience
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities and utilization of disciplined troubleshooting methodologies
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation and focus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- End-user support in a multi-platform environment (mostly windows)
- Document management systems and help desk software a plus.
- Associate degree in Biomedical Technology, Information Technology, or other related major
- 1-3 years of HL7
- 1-3 years of DICOM experience – (Protocol, syntax and compression ratios)
- Work experience with PACS vendor applications preferably FUJI Synapse PACS, AGFA,
- Work experience with Nuance Powerscribe 360 Voice Recognition, and Imaging Modality integration
- Understanding of Windows Networking, Active Directory, Group Policies, and WSUS/Patching
- Experience with Office 365 and SharePoint desired
- Basic understanding of IP routing
- Ability to effectively communicate with highly technical end-user staff (programmers, developers, etc.)
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS
- San Diego, CA preferred. Open to remote work for 2nd and 3rd shift
- Travel <5% with occasional travel to customer locations to perform maintenance or installs
- After hours on-call support will be required (weekends and holidays included)
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components
- Inspection and installation of cables in floors, ceilings, under desks, and behind furniture
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, servers, and peripherals
- Job Type: Full time, Non-Exempt
Want to work with us? To apply, please fill out the form below and attach your cover letter and resume.