JOB TITLE: Cloud Architect
REPORTS TO: VP, Engineering and Data Science
In 1996 StatRad helped pioneer teleradiology services. In 2011 StatRad led the charge to move medical imaging into the cloud with its image sharing product RadConnect deployed in Microsoft Azure. With both business segments thriving StatRad looks to the future by pushing into new medical imaging frontiers utilizing modern technology and software platforms.
We embrace distributed development as a core tenant of our corporate philosophy. Our engineers coordinate their work in many time zones and countries. If you’re looking to live the life of a digital nomad from a sandy beach in Mexico or a WIFI enabled hut in Thailand, this is the job for you! When a project requires collaboration, we use shared workspaces, screen sharing, and voice over the internet to enable real-time discussions. If you can find a place with 5Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload then we encourage you to go there, experience the culture, and continue to be productive when you work.
The team is embracing the latest and greatest in technology to produce medical imaging software that will revolutionize the industry. We’re fully cloud deployed, using infrastructure-as-code, to automate everything and do it according to industry best practices with respect to security. If you want to use Meteor, Node.js, and MongoDB all deployed using the latest cloud technology you’re in the right place.
BASIC PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Reporting to the VP of Engineering and Data Science, a Principle Cloud Architect Engineer applies knowledge of industry best practices and software design patterns to build our cloud imaging platform, solve complex technical problems and create applications that delight our end customers.
OVERALL OUTPUTS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This role will be expected to lead the architectural direction and design for cloud native platform components in the Nucleus health data product suite. As principle architect you will be expected to collaborate with other architects and engineers to perform design reviews and incorporate feedback
- Owns development of one or more areas within the platform architecture, leading the architecture, design and development of it. Provides technical leadership to one or more teams of developers to implement according to plan
- Communicates with product management, project managers, technical writers, and medical personnel
- Promotes high-quality in our software providing guidance and feedback to engineers through design and code reviews, provides guidance on best engineering practice to ensure high-performance and reliability of code
- Designs, codes, and reviews software
- Collaborates with software testers to ensure good test coverage, resolve defects, and mitigate safety hazards
- Assist DevOps team in solving production system issues
- Provides technical expertise to architects, analysts, and other engineers as input for product design, implementation, and troubleshooting
- Leads tool and library selections and development environment improvements
- Leads refining development processes and enforces with the team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 8+ years of production experience as architect on public cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and Google Cloud
- 5+ years of containers and containers orchestration technologies (Dockers and Kubernetes) experiences including software delivery and distributed tracing/ sidecar
- Production experience with cloud technologies: DB (SQL/ NoSQL), memory cache, message queue and VM/ application/ container and serverless services, microservices and distributed system
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Strong experience leading and mentoring engineers
- 3+ years of experience with node.js or equivalent
- 3+ years of practicing continuous integration and continuous delivery
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent qualifying experience
- Experience with meteor is a plus
- Experience with MongoDB is a plus
- Experience with Medical Imaging or Healthcare technology
- Strong communication skills
SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Experience writing multi-threaded software
- Strong experience in one of the core programming frameworks/languages: Meteor, Node.js, C#, and C++
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code platforms like Terraform, Ansible, and Azure ARM Templates
- Expertise in designing application architecture with core health data security principles
- Strong experience designing networking for distributed systems
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL database is highly preferred
- Experience developing reusable HTTP RESTful APIs
- DICOM, HL7 and medical imaging software experience desired
- Experience leading an Agile team is preferred
- Telecommute/work from home or work from our office in San Diego, CA
- May require some travel to team meetings, etc.
Want to work with us? To apply, please fill out the form below and attach your cover letter and resume.